Turnaround Time

California Ceramic Coatings, aka Rhino Shield of California.

Our house had siding problems. Rhino Shield sounded like a miracle product. The salesman/estimator (who turned out to be Rhino Shield of California owner) promised all the nice things they put on their website and then some -- like replacing our trim with "something better that won't rot.” We signed a contract for more than $35K for a scheduled two-week makeover.

The crew had a lot of questions about what they were supposed to do nothing was explained to them. They were not properly trained and really didn’t seem to have any experience using Rhino Shield, which is pretty evident since it took them two months to leave my house in worse shape than they found it. They were commuting a hundred miles to our house they, always arrived hours late and full of excuses. They were totally careless and not what you would expect for $35k. They piled siding debris, with nails sticking out, alongside a back walkway. I insisted they take it to the dump and paid the dump fee. The job was done below what anybody would consider an acceptable standard. The two-week job took two a disruptive two months. All the confusion made me nervous, especially when it was time to write the final check, but I did just so they could just leave.

Then, we started noticing problems. The banister for the front steps wasn't attached to the house. It almost caused a nasty fall. Downspouts, conduits, water pipes, cover plates; the second-story stair railing and the outdoor lights weren't re-attached properly. There was a big hole in the siding around the garden hose faucet that wasn't repaired -- just painted over. Things were broken and just left lying where they fell. God only knows what mistakes were covered up by the "it's not paint’ Rhino Shield.

This is where it gets confusing their slogan is “It’s Not Paint” but the CEO Terry Andre told me “I just sell paint lady.” I have no control over what any dealer does or how they service their customers. So is it paint or not? I guess we will never know what it actually is. I do know Rhino Shield doesn’t work. (I goggled his name - he's the CEO - so ya' gotta' believe him.)

On their web page they mention Rhino Shield’s network of "independently owned dealer applicators". This is very important. If problems come up, you'll find out that corporate has no business connection and no oversight over their dealer applicators at all. Terry Andre Rhino Shield’s CEO could careless about your home or your complaints after all he just “sells paint”.

The reality is that Rhino Shield isn't part of a "national network" like they lead you to believe at the time of sale. Nobody cares about your home or your concerns. Corporate just sells paint and Terry Andre Rhino Shield’s CEO is just put in place to take the fall of a failing business. Their warranty is a two-year labor warranty, which isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

Conclusion: We paid a premium price for a premium job, and we didn't get it. We're going to be paying a long time for work we don't trust and a warranty we don't believe in. To be honest, I wish I'd never heard of this company. I can assure you that for the $35k I’ve spent this won’t be the last time they hear from me.

One more thing. There are limits on the size of a review. If you want to know more, please feel free to contact me through Yelp and I'll share all the details. https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=7LcSh63OOUdxEZ484nugTw

Comments

I am sitting here watching TV while hurricane Michael is whipping thru Florida noticing allot of adds by RhinoShield out of Jacksonville. My thought was that might be a good product to have so I proceed to research it on the internet.

So glad I did. I refuse to ruin my home with a faulty product and service. Interesting how they are investing heavily with adds during a hurricane.

They are playing on Floridians panic and desperation. Get Out Of Florida Rhino !

to mark #1578477

I hope all is well with you. I am glad the reviews are preventing other people from making the same mistake that I did.

I work hard for my money and $10,000 is a LOT of money...every day that I look at the exterior of my house is a bad day and makes me sick to my stomach. I feel like I was taken for a ride, BIG time.

I’m very sorry to hear of such hardship. You have every right to be outraged.

I can only offer you my appreciation for your review. You may have saved us from making a huge mistake.