1.1K views

Was initially impressed with Rhino Shield - especially considering the 25 year warranty.

When the crews were out, I was told the paint would be 11 mil thickness - it wasn't, more around 3-5 mil depending on where I looked (1 mil is 1 sheet of paper) but I figured if we ever had problems, we got the 25 year warranty to fall back on. I paid $17,000.00 for this job - mostly due to the 25 year "guarantee".

The coating is now 6 years old and starting to chip & peel in areas and now have some wood rot at the base of our west facing front door, so I called the people who installed it, they came out and said "Yep, that's covered under warranty and we'll call you to schedule a date to repair"

The rep just called back and gave me two options - they can ship the paint to me to do myself or pay them $500 to come out and repair. He stated that the 25 year warranty doesn't cover labor. I can NOT find that anywhere on line or after reading their warranty statement. I am sooooo mad right now I could spit.

What a freaking rip off - stay away from Rhino Shield

Product or Service Mentioned: Rhino Shield Painting.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 28.

Comments

IcyMoorhen

Sorry to hear about your experience with Rhino Shield of Georgia. I was looking to get my house done by those guys but I came across your BBB review.

Then I stumbled upon this site and this was the icing on the cake for me. Their website claims they have the best warranty in the industry but their BBB response to you doesn't reflect what they claim. Thank you for your review I will be telling Rhino Shield Georgia I'm no longer interested in doing business with a shady company!!! Rhino Shield Georgia BBB Response What A Joke!!!!!

Mr. ****** I am assuming you never reviewed your warranties that were mailed to you. So aga in to review your warranty. Every homeowner signs the same contract which states that you have a 2 year labor and material warranty.

That is clearly stated on the back of your contract. And the written warranty is then mailed to you after the job is completed. You also receive a prolabor warranty that specifically states after 2 years you will be charged a fee to do any touch up, or have product supplied to you at no cost. This was discussed with you when Shaun came out.

I understand you choose the option to have product delivered to you and it has been delivered.

Take care and if we can help answer any installation questions we would be happy to assist you in. https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/lawrenceville/profile/protective-coatings/rhino-shield-by-georgia-coatings-0443-27259412/customer-reviews

"Mad As Heck" Your review is weak *** *** you should just take it down. No pictures no location if your scared to complain then don't.

Rhino Shield dealers are trained crooks if you don't man up they will eat you alive.

FYI On the back of the contract you signed it clearly says it's a TWO YEAR LABOR WARRANTY. That's why EVERYONE ELSE on this site is *** Pissed not just MAD AS HECK!